Friday, November 6, 2009

Homemade Granola

I thought that I would share my easy homemade Granola recipe with you. I make this is bulk as it does a large family or a small one for awhile.


Granola

22 cups of rolled oats

6 cups bran flakes (I use the bran flakes in the baking section of the grocery stores)

2 cups sunflower seeds (I also use almonds, peanuts, walnuts, or any nuts or a mix)

1 cup of flax seeds (good fiber and nutrition)

1 cup wheat germ (You can also get this in the baking section of the grocery stores)

3 cups of coconut

1 cup milk powder

3 TBSP cinnamon (Don't use it unless you like cinnamon but cinnamon is a natural sweetner and good for blood sugar levels as is oats)

1 cup of raisins or dates or a mixture of both

2 cups of brown sugar

Mix these ingredients up well in a roasting pan and then pour:

2 cups oil+

Mix it around all the ingredients until they are all coated. Bake for 2 hours at a low temp of 250 degrees and stir often as it can catch and burn


by Queenie1

No comments:

Post a Comment